VA loans are mortgages guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs that provide military Veterans, active duty personnel, and eligible living spouses a home loan that is federally guaranteed. This highly successful program has aided millions of Veterans and their families secure a home.
- No down payment required
- Lower interest rates
- No mortgage insurance is required
- Limited origination fees and closing costs
- Limited appraisal fees
- A Certificate of Eligibility (COE) must be provided by the VA
- Closing costs may be paid by the lender and seller
- One-time funding fee must be paid by the borrower based on the loan amount and time served by the applicant.